July 8, 2022
The Body Lab – Where science meets wellness
Science meets the luxury of five-star wellness with The Body Lab London. With health and fitness, performance and specialist personal training at its core, the brand is pioneering a new and unique health offering to empower people’s lifestyles. Exclusive to the UK, the facilities have been expertly curated and meet the rise in demand for those looking for optimal health that’s intelligent, informed, and more connected than ever. From the Hyperbaric Hydroxy AirPod that speeds up the body’s healing process, the first of its kind in the UK, and the coldest whole body Cryotherapy Dual Chamber in Europe at -110 degrees Celsius, to enhanced recovery treatments such as the Float Tank, The Body Lab London is set to disrupt the luxury wellness market.
Benchmarking standards and technologies used by accomplished, peak performance professionals, The Body Lab London will optimise people’s potential to invest in themselves to become a ‘life athlete’; the best version of themselves physically, mentally and emotionally. In a drive to advance standard offerings available at health clubs and gyms, the company’s mission is to create and maintain the ‘life athlete’ by empowering members’ journeys with specialist elements. To achieve this, members will be guided by their personal trainer to fully access these advancements in science, wellness and recovery to the next generation of technologies as part of their bespoke sessions. The Body Lab London will set new authoritative standards for health management globally and will serve as a hub for credible, science-based innovation within the wellness industry.
Overseen by industry professionals in the vibrant atmosphere of an expert-led facility, the state-of-the-art treatments and therapies are designed to optimise recovery, reduce inflammation and oxidative stress, accelerate fat loss, increase metabolism and stimulate collagen production amongst others. The brand’s vision is to offer the most comprehensive and holistic journey to optimal health currently available on the market.
High-end fitness equipment has been carefully selected from leading industry brands to create a world-class gym facility, including Prime Fitness, Atlantis Strength, Watson, Eleiko, Keiser and Technogym. Bespoke personal training is offered as standard across all membership packages and is unlimited with The Body Lab London’s Signature Membership package. There’s also an on-site podcast room where The Body Lab London’s leading practitioners will discuss all things health, wellness and fitness, to keep members updated with the latest news, plus common questions and myths busted.
The facility itself features the highest standard of air purification and ionisation plus lighting that mimics the body’s natural circadian rhythm (i.e. warm in the morning and evening, cool in the day). Every sensory factor has been considered from the music to the scent in the air, to optimise training performance.
John Attard, Managing Director of The Body Lab London says: “The Body Lab London is the ultimate premium lifestyle experience that will revolutionise the wellness and fitness sector and we’re excited to be providing facilities and treatments like no other. All of our therapies, programs and expert-led initiatives are scientifically proven and we’re excited to be offering some of these for the very first time in the UK, combined with state of the art facilities and leading innovations.”
Therapies, treatments & gym facilities
● HYPERBARIC HYDROXY AIRPOD – The first of its kind in the UK and provides an effortless and unique wellness experience that works by speeding up the body’s own healing process through the increased absorption of oxygen by 35%, whilst under pressure. Hydrogen is proven to selectively target and reduce free radicals that cause disease, degeneration and ageing resulting from body oxidation. By providing an increase in oxygen and Hydrogen to the cells via atmospheric pressure, the AirPod supports the body to optimise detoxification, increase energy production, improve mind clarity, deepen sleep quality and improve the health and wellbeing baseline.
● CRYOTHERAPY DUAL CHAMBER – A whole body electric cryotherapy, it’s the coldest in Europe reaching -110 degrees Celsius in the main unit. This performance enhancing and therapeutic process of reducing body temperature through extreme cold application, has been proven to decrease inflammation and oxidative stress and may prompt the release of endorphins, activate the immune system, boost blood circulation and metabolism, detoxify cells, activate healing processes and optimise training and recovery efficiency.
● FLOAT TANK – Another first of its kind in the UK, this is a form of enhanced recovery that removes users from all sensory stimulus, which account for 90% of neuromuscular activity – you conserve and redirect vast amounts of physical and mental energy. The water in the Dreampod is highly concentrated with over half a ton of Epsom salts. The ultra-deep relaxation of floating assists the body’s hormonal and metabolic balance, strengthening resistance and accelerating recovery from the effects of stress, illness, injury or strenuous exercise.
● INFRARED SAUNA – Unlike traditional saunas that intensely heat the air around you, infrared saunas harness the power of light to warm and detoxify you from the inside out. A full-spectrum infrared sauna utilises various wavelengths of infrared light that promotes healing and revitalisation and penetrates deeper into the body’s soft tissue, increasing circulation. Additionally infrared can penetrate the fat cells causing vasodilation, resulting in the greatest levels of detoxification and stimulate your metabolism to aid in weight-loss. Infrared heat provides all the healthy benefits of natural sunlight without any of the dangerous effects of solar radiation.
● BESPOKE PERSONAL TRAINING – Members are invited to begin their journey with a 360-fitness assessment and 3D body scan. A selected trainer will act as a personal health concierge by curating a bespoke program with an integrative approach to training and recovery modalities.
● BIOMARKER ANALYSIS – Utilising the latest advancements in diagnostic testing, the specialist biomarker analysis includes blood testing, DNA analysis, metabolic testing, microbiome panels and more, measuring hundreds of critical biomarkers in the body. The comprehensive data obtained provides a complete picture of an individual’s current health in order to determine a unique health optimisation plan.
● NUTRITION – The expert team of nutritional therapists provide bespoke diet and lifestyle support by addressing specific dietary needs to help restore optimal health through improving gut function, detoxification processes and cellular nourishment.
● SPECIALIST TRAINING – Helping those seeking their inner athlete, by utilising specialist training modalities, from simulated high altitude environments that lower oxygen intake, improving training thresholds and enhancing overall capacity, to improving muscular activation and efficiency through Electrical Muscle Stimulation training in one of the EMS suites. In addition, the Red Light specialist training within the gym, offers a natural, non-invasive therapy that delivers beneficial wavelengths of red light to skin and cells. The purposely built red light training room allows for enhanced cellular energy, increased recovery, improved cognition, promotes better sleep and beyond.
● RECOVERY SPECIALISTS – An elite range of market leading experts that includes rehab specialists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, osteopaths and massage therapists. These experts aid recovery with their tailor made treatments designed to unblock and release joint pressure and muscle tightness to decrease pain and eliminate inflammation.
● COMPRESSIVE & PERCUSSIVE THERAPY – Proven to assist in improving circulation and promote lymphatic drainage, the bodies’ natural process of removing toxins and waste. Percussion therapy delivers targeted pulses of pressure into the muscle/tissue of the body, helping to relieve muscle pain, stiffness, soreness, and increase range of motion.
● SUPPLEMENTS & WELLNESS LOUNGE – A personal health concierge will offer bespoke protein shakes with added supplements based on the personal trainer’s advice, in line with individual goals. The Wellness Lounge has been designed as a relaxation area to enjoy the range of premium coffees, protein shakes and juices.
The Body Lab London facilities are aimed at peak performance professionals through to fitness newcomers, catering for all needs from purely fitness driven, to a comprehensive, all inclusive experience. Membership packages range from £5,000 – £18,000 per annum.
A: 151-153 Kensington High Street, London, W8 6SU
W: The Body Lab
@THEBODYLABLONDON #thebodylab #tbl #wheresciencemeetswellness