December 8, 2023
The Reid Single Malt Vodka create your favourite festive vodka cocktails
New Zealand’s The Reid Single Malt Vodka is the perfect gift for vodka lovers this Christmas, dubbed ‘the best vodka you will ever taste’ it has scooped a string of international awards.
This exquisite-tasting spirit draws on the purest alpine water sourced from the heart of the Cardrona Valley, in New Zealand’s South Island, and combines it with two simple ingredients, malted barley and yeast. These simple ingredients are distilled to produce its unparalleled signature taste and unique flavour.
Delicately nuanced, with notes of pear drops, lemon, toffee and malted biscuits, it’s easily paired with a variety of fish, game and festive fayre. It also adds an incredible twist to many classic cocktails, offering richness on the palate and dry finish.
The Reid can be enjoyed neat, with your favourite mixer, or as part of a crafted cocktail. Why not impress sophisticated sippers this festive season and recreate the recipe below.
The Reid Fizz
45ml The Reid Single Malt Vodka
15ml Cherry liqueur such as Rose Rabbit Barrel Aged Cherry Liqueur (optional)
15ml Lime juice
15ml Lemon juice
15ml Sugar syrup
30ml Egg whites
30 ml Cream
60ml Soda water
• Put vodka, cherry liqueur, lime juice, lemon juice, sugar syrup, egg whites and cream in a shaker
• Dry-shake (without ice) vigorously for about 10 seconds, just long enough to incorporate the egg whites and cream
• Then wet shake (with ice) for about 45 seconds to 1 minute
• Pour a splash (about 30ml) of soda water into a glass, then pour in the cocktail
• Top with another 30ml of soda, pouring slowly & carefully
• Bartender’s tip: If you want to achieve the soufflé effect shown in this photo, pop the finished cocktail in the glass into the freezer for two minutes. After removing the cocktail from the freezer top with one more splash of soda and watch the soufflé rise
• Note: Rose Rabbit Barrel Aged Cherry Liqueur will be available in the UK shortly. You can substitute another cherry liqueur or omit from the recipe if needed.
Bottled at 44% ABV, RRP £57 for 700ml, or £6.25 for 40ml (an ideal stocking filler!)
W: Cardrona Distillery